Kochi (1N)-Munnar (2N)-Thekkady (1N)-Alleppey (1N) – Kovalam (2N)
Embark on seven-day journey to experience the glory of Kerala. Dotted with palm-lined beaches and beaming waterfalls, it undoubtedly lives up to its name – “God’s Own Country”. Enter the flamboyant city of Kochi which interlinks all threads of cultural exchange, along with the bountiful hills of Munnar which run undulated and high. Experiment with your taste buds at the evergreen town of Thekkady as you traverse through the land of spices. Alleppey is the backwater paradise with pristine waters and luxurious houseboats. Take a 7 nights and 8 days tour to these beautiful places with US, enjoying the exceptional services on offer.
Accommodation on Twin/Double Sharing basis.
All transfers and sightseeing by private vehicle.
Pick-up and Drop from Kochi Airport/railway Station.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL AT KOCHI
- Board your flight and reach Kochi. The tour begins with your arrival at Kochi. The main attractions in the city are Fort Kochi, Bolgatty Palace, and the backwaters. Proceed to your hotel in Kochi, check-in and relax. In the evening, you can go out to explore the local markets and experiment with the local food (on your own). Return to the hotel and have a comfortable overnight stay.
DAY 02: MUNNAR SIGHTSEEING
- After a delectable breakfast, move for a sightseeing tour of Munnar covering the Tata Tea Museum, Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, Echo Point, Old Munnar Town and the town market. By evening, return to the hotel for a comfortable night stay. Note: Eravikulam National Park remains closed from January to March due to the calving season of Nilgiri Tahr while the Tata Tea Museum remains closed on Mondays.
DAY 2: TRANSFER TO MUNNAR
- Post an early breakfast, check-out of the hotel by early morning (around 9 AM) and proceed for a quick half-day sightseeing tour of Fort Kochi, Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue, St. Francis Church, and theChinese Fishing Nets. In the afternoon, begin your journey to Munnar, which was previously the summer resort of the erstwhile British rulers in the colonial days. On the way stop at a restaurant for lunch (on your own). Enroute you can visit Cheeyappara Waterfalls and Spice Garden. After covering 135 kms, you will reach Munnar. On arrival, check-in to the hotel and relax a bit. You can go and explore the local market in the evening (on your own). Return to the hotel and have a pleasant overnight stay. Note: The Dutch Palace remains closed on Fridays and National holidays, and the Jewish Synagogue remains closed on Fridays, Saturdays, and Jewish holidays.
DAY 3: MUNNAR SIGHTSEEING
- After breakfast, move from the hotel for a sightseeing tour of Munnar where you can explore the Tata Tea Museum, Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, Echo Point, Old Munnar Town, and the town market. In the evening, return to the hotel after sightseeing and sleep in comfort overnight. Note: Eravikulam National Park remains closed from January to March due to the calving season of Nilgiri Tahr. Tata Tea Museum remains closed on Mondays.
DAY 4: TRANSFER TO THEKKADY
- After breakfast and completing the check-out formalities, proceed towards Thekkady. Mapped 110 kms far, the route is filled with eye-binding attractions, following which you will arrive at Thekkady by noon. You may opt for the Periyar Boat Ride (entrance fee not included) and indulge in activities like watchingKathakali, the famous classical Indian dance form native to Kerala and Kalaripayattu, an ancient Martial Art practiced here (on your own). You can explore the market for a variety of spices as Thekkady is famous for it. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 5: TRANSFER TO ALLEPPEY
- After breakfast, move to Alleppey to experience the celebrated houseboat paradise. After a 3.5 hour journey, spend rest of the day at leisure, enjoying the local serenity on a casual walk. Overnight accommodation will be at the hotel in Alleppey (you may opt for a houseboat stay at an additional cost).
DAY 6: TRANSFER TO KOVALAM
- After breakfast, check-out of the hotel at Alleppey and drive to Kovalam, situated at a distance of 160 kms.You can stop for lunch at Trivandrum and visit the Napier Museum which displays Kerala’s chariots and ivory carvings, and the Zoological Park. In the evening, head towards Kovalam. Located 16 km from the capital of Kerala, it is the perfect place for resort vacation and is known for its Ayurvedic massages, yoga resorts and surfing. On arrival, check-in to the hotel and relax followed by an overnight stay. Note: The Zoological Park closes at 04:45 PM and remains closed on Mondays.
DAY 7: KOVALAM/POOVAR SIGHTSEEING
- After breakfast, move for local sightseeing covering famous beaches like the Hawa Beach, Lighthouse Beach, Vizhinjam Beach, etc. Spend the whole day enjoying the emerald beaches and experiencing the serenity and beauty of Kovalam. Overnight accommodation will be at the hotel.
DAY 8: RETURN TO TRIVANDRUM
- After breakfast, move back to Trivandrum converging a distance of 20 kms to board the return flight or train.