Nainital & Jim Corbett
The gem of Uttarakhand – Nainital is a charming hill station that sits prettily at the green foothills of the Kumaon ranges in the Himalayas. Located at an elevation of around 1938 metres, the epicentre of the town’s popularity and beauty lies within the gorgeous Naini Lake, after which the town is named. This quaint little town experiences a pleasant climate throughout the year, making it a tourist getaway, especially preferred by families and honeymooners. Corbett National Park, set amidst the foothills of Himalayas, houses a variety of flora and fauna including rare ones such as tigers and is a treat for wildlife enthusiasts and photographers.
Package Inclusions :
02 Nights Accommodation at Nainital
02 Nights Accommodation at Jim Corbett
All Meals – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Jungle Safari @ Jim Corbett by Private Jeep
Pick up & Drop from Bus Stop
Local Sightseeing at Nainital
All tours & transfers by Private Taxi
DDAY 1 - ARRIVAL AT THE RANGER’S LODGE | WILD SAFARI
- 1200hrs: If you arrive by lunch then depending on the availability & the booking of the jungle safaris, Check-in in one of the forest view rooms, and lunch.
- 1330hrs: Jungle safari in one of the interesting zones of Corbett tiger reserve. Look at the interesting changes in vegetation from open woodlands to dense woodlands with their changing bio-diversity including a myriad of birds, ungulates and maybe tigers or leopards besides either a loner or herd of pachyderms.
- 1445hrs: A walking safari in the forests adjoining the lodge for acclimatization, birding & ethnobotany.
- 1745hrs: Return back from the walking safari and have tea/coffee at the Lodge. Freshen up.
- 1845hrs: Evening bonfire with a classic film on tiger conservation besides discussions on the need of saving the tigers in their natural forests. Evening drinks may also be served. Frequent monitoring of the forests using a torch might result in seeing the blinking eyes of a plethora of wild ungulates besides may be a big predator too.
- 2000hrs: Dinner and day off.
DAY 2 - EXPLORE THE WILDERNESS OF CORBETT TIGER RESERVE
- 0545hrs: You will be up with a cup of Tea/coffee along with light snacks early in the morning.
- 0615hrs: Move for the safari in another zone of Corbett tiger reserve for more jungle explorations including the tracking of wild, indirect evidence besides live sightings of Corbett’s fauna. Almost 3.5 to 4hrs of safari in a 4WD gypsy is an experience to feel and live.
- 1030hrs: Return back from the safari and then breakfast, freshen up post breakfast.
- 1245hrs: Have light lunch of either Mutton Biryani or Vegetable Biryani besides Kumaoni Raita and local dessert (the menu can be modified as per the choice since this is a homestay),
- 1330hrs: Leave for the second safari in a different tourism zone of Corbett for tiger tracking and birding besides understanding the changes in the vegetation and its ecology.
- 1445hrs: Leave for the walking safari in the forests adjoining the Lodge for birding, indirect evidence of wilderness and the traditional usages of the forest plants by humans,
- 1745hrs: Return back from jungle safari and have tea/coffee with light snacks. Freshen up.
- 1845hrs: Evening bonfire with a classic film on the leopards or elephants besides listening to the anecdotes of the ranger during his research days in various forests of India
- 2000hrs: Dinner and call the day off
DAY 3 - BIRDING AROUND THE LODGE
- 0615hrs: Wake with a cup of tea/coffee, cookies, etc. If time permits then walk into the forests adjoining the lodge for special birds, listen and experience the varying songs of air-borne species.
- 0800hrs: Breakfast and then depart for the next destination, bringing the experience to an end.